Friday 23 March 2012

For papa...

Dad's favourite words were 'I love you' and Boy! did he love us so much. He was very disciplined, always smiling and could win best father of the year award.
 He taught me resilience, shared my love for arts and was very protective.
I really miss him. My hero. My succour and best friend.
I know that no amount of tears can bring him back. But secretly I wish it could.
He was one of the smartest people I knew and I love him so much. So grateful I inherited his good genes.
 
I remember praying for you on your hospital bed, that God heal you and bring you home. That you would be given the grace to spend more time with those that love you but if I had known that, that would be the last time I'd see you, maybe I should have stayed and talked with you all night.
I can't believe that I'd never got a kiss before you left. I can't believe that I will never get to learn from and hear the voice of the best teacher in the world.

Hey Dad, If you were here, I'm sure you would be proud of me. I kept all of your values and learnt new ones. Valuable ones.
I can cook so well now (Though You still didn't teach me how to make your special stew) and met a guy I know you'd love. Momma adores him.
Dad, if you can see this, I would like you to know that your little girl is all grown up and still representing you.

Thanks for being the best. I know the angels are happy working with someone as strong and loving as you.
Thank you Jehovah for giving me the best dad...Wouldn't have asked for another.
Thanks dad for being there...Mom thinks of you all the time. I do too.

Love you so much...
Still your little girl...

 Like Luther said...Can't wait to dance with you again...
"Dad,
A great many thanks for all you have done
Without you my life would not have begun
You have been there when I most needed you
You have helped to guide me my whole life through
We have shared both the good times and the bad
But most of all, thank you for being my dad
I love you"

- UDIAH (1959)

6 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwz! Ije O, this is so BEAUTIFUL! I am sure that he is VERY proud of you, Chizo, Chidimma, Chiaka, and your mommy. Sending you a gazillion hugss and kisses xoxoxoxo *MUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! <3 <3 <3 ps: This is KK <3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caTGU4jS5LM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bestieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....love love love................hugssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very good ijeh! almost brought tears to my eyes. You are definitely doing your dad proud!

    May his soul continue to rest in peace. He is in a better place!

    love you!!!
    Chiji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen dear..miss him so much...glad to have 'ur dad as Dad too..yayyyy...Love u k...mwahhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember our childhood days, he was a very nice man and a loving dad!! Just remember that his name is in God's memory and very soon, you'll be able to hug him again, tell him how much you love him and all that his little girl archieved! :) Love and miss u guys!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We miss you too. Yeah he was a good man...Lucky to have him for a dad...Love u

    ReplyDelete