Monday 16 April 2012

MUSINGS...


What’s worse, being liked before being hated or being hated before being liked? 
What’s worse, being cooked before being eaten or being eaten before being cooked? (Sushi...)


Uh-mm, this is not my finest work I know. But a friend-less person like me,  just need someone to talk to.

I remember a line from a movie. I think it was an 'Olsen twin’s' movie. It says ‘the Grinch have a heart after all’. Truth is, maybe we ‘Grinch’s’ do. Assuming I’m a Grinch now.


Sometimes, I like being on my own. Basically for the sake of my grave-y mind. The silence. The tranquillity it affords me, help me think in a world where ideas collide, people fight, and everyone say the wrong things. But it’s a skill I need in this world (The people skill). 
It's called 'interpersonal skill' and it's in high demand by work places.


It's one skill I doubt I have, yet really need for my survival 'cos it seems that the quietness and tranquillity I depend on has run out. Still, it's one skill that might put me in trouble ‘cos I run my mouth a lot and the words that come out might be slimy. What’s a girl to do?

Maybe I do have a friend after all. Even though I don’t see Him. Even though I wish He was hanging out with me daily. Even though I get scared that I won’t live up to His standard. Even though I am stubborn sometimes and try to defy His will. Truth is, I can’t live without Him. He is the only one that gets me and loves me.

I get scared. Maybe strangers might smile at me on my wedding day. Maybe I will end up being faceless in the midst of smiles and hugs. Maybe, sunshine and rain will attend my funeral with my family saying their last goodbye. I don’t know. Just maybe.

But I am grateful for the gift of just having one friend. The one who loves me nonetheless. Maybe if I do as He asks, everything will be fine.
Barlow Girl- I believe in love
For now, the silence just sits with my thoughts saying nothing. Just two comfortable familiar people basking in the warmth of our desert yard.
I need to get away from it. But, how?  Doing my friend’s will?

What’s worse- Pleasing yourself or pleasing others?


 The Way I feel
Have a fulfilled week...


Hugs.


Remember: No one is an Island. Friends are tres important...


2 comments: