Friday 30 November 2012

Kids Time :)

Hola :)

How are you doing?

I've always wondered, what is so special about that 1 person we choose in the end. There are 7 billion people in the world, each of them unique in their own special way, but at the end of the day, it’s that one person that stays; that puts up with our imperfection and sticks with us to the end. We get married and we live happily ever after, the end.

But that’s not the end, is it?

I forgot to mention that in the midst of the ups and downs of marriage, little miracles spring forth. Our kids.

My mentor always says that, don’t bring forth kids if you aren’t going to take care of them and I agree with him. Yeah, I know work is important; the money too. But, I guess the whole point of working so hard for that little money is for the kids, like my friend says, what’s the point of accumulating all the wealth in the world and having ‘stupid’ kids to spend and squander it on crazy stuffs?

It breaks my heart when I see kids being raised by their nannies as opposed to their parents. It’s like their parents are mini strangers or ATM machines.
Parents, your kids need you. I know that work appointment you have on weekends is important, but really, is it more important than your children? Are your kids not worth your time or sacrifice?
Get to know them. Be their best friends. Be a parent. Don’t insult them but discipline them in love.

In my neighbourhood, I heard the story of this old man that raped a 15 years old girl. Her parents did not know. She couldn’t tell her parents until she got pregnant. Stories like that are in the news, day in and out. The human/ women rights group can only do a little, but they can’t stop cases like these. What are you doing as a parent to protect your child? Leave them in the care of uncles, aunts, house boys and house girls who do ‘things’ to your kids while you are away. Ask your son right now who his first sex partner is and if you are lucky to get the truth, you would be scared.
Yesterday, my friends and I were talking about ‘Kids’ issues and Andrea* , one of my friends told us the story of her neighbour’s kid who was molested at home. Apparently, her classmate, not more than 13 years old comes to the house and touches the little girl who apparently did not know that it was a bad thing. In fact, Andrea* found out when she kinda ‘eavesdropped’ on the girls conversation with her friends. Andrea* talked to the kids and threatened to tell their parents and she warned them never to do such again. Though she didn’t report the kids, she just told the parents to ‘watch their kids more. It’s so heart breaking.

Do you know their friends? Your kids, who do they hang out with? What do they watch on Tv or listen to on the radio? What are they reading? It’s not really about forcing them to go to school and being all ‘Hitler’ on them, it’s about being best friends with them. Talking to them, teaching them stuff and praying and trusting that you and your spouse have done your best.
Put the welfare of your children ahead of yours. They are important too!!!
Yes, you’ve found Mr. Right or Mrs. Right,
 but how about Baby Right? They are important too.

I'm not a parent yet, not a guru in parenting, but as a kid that had the best of parents who from a little age taught me to believe in myself and God and not on some boys 'sweet talks', I know some parents have it all wrong now. 

Be there for your kids. I know we can be naughty sometimes, but hey, we are kids, show us some love.

Anna franks once said 'Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.” Yup, in the long run, we become who we want to be, but we need you to be there first.

Kids time starts now. Have an amazing weekend. What are you doing?

Have fun J

Thanks a lot for reading. Hugs!!!

*= Sorry, not her real name






No comments:

Post a Comment