Thursday 22 November 2012

LIKE YOU WERE DYING

Hello :)
How are you doing?

My naughty little sister has this habit of downloading old songs into my phone. I wouldn't even know she's done that until I start listening to my playlists and then realise there is a new song. One of the songs she recently downloaded was a song by Tim McGraw ‘like you were dying’.
Listen to it Here. I absolutely love this song.

Though it’s kind of old, the lyrics actually speaks to our ‘Now’.

If you were told that you had one week to live, what is it that you would want to change or you would want to do? What’s in your bucket list? Have you achieved 10% of what’s there? Do sane people prepare for death? Who wants to die?

I hate talking about death. I’m sure you do. But every day, it’s like someone we know dies- distant people that we see on TV, the people involved in the Isreal-Hamas war, our neighbours, friends, acquaintances, family members, newborn babies, etc. Wish it was different but death is inevitable. Can’t remember where (Maybe the Bible) but I read that ‘Time and unexpected circumstances befalls everyone. Eventually, we would die. 

I am of the opinion that it’s our life after when we are gone that matters. What will you be remembered for? (even though there's the unwritten rule that you don't say bad things about the dead).
 I would never forget this saying, ‘It’s not the length of life but the depth of life’. So get up, de clutter your life and live like you were dying, remembering that we have one life to make that positive impact on everyone while enjoying yourself. Leave your legacy on the sands of time.

Oops, before I forget, though its thanksgiving today in the USA, I believe that every day should be appreciated. 
Whenever I speak to grandma, I always feel she’s super blessed and I pray to be like her, Laugh with my grand kids and probably great grand kids. 

Every new day we see, is a gift. It’s really a gift. Today, while I celebrate the life of a friend I lost, {He gave up the ghost 2 days ago after 2 months in hospital ;( ... RIP Dare}I’m grateful for life. What are you grateful for?
I'm grateful for this moment where I have the opportunity to write and have amazing people read what I write. I’m grateful for the opportunity to rewrite my life and live the best life I can possibly live. Many people wish they had, but hey, you have that, you are blessed.

Serve yourself and others. Forgive. Know God (He’s the best being in the world). Sort out your priorities.

I jotted this down from a book I read a long time ago (‘Tuesday with Morris’, I think). It says ‘Everyone knows that they are going to die, everyone of us knows that. The truth is, none of us believe it because if we did, we will do things differently’.

You have that chance now. Do it differently.

Have an amazing Thursday.

Thank you so much for reading. I love you J

No comments:

Post a Comment