Wednesday 27 February 2013

A 16 Year-Old Gem :)

Helloooooo :)
How are you doing?
So, I had an amazing conversation with my friend Azeezat this morning. It started with this question, 'If you were opportuned to meet 4 people, (dead or alive), right now, who would they be and what would you talk about?
My reply was 1. Dad 2. President Lincoln 3. Helen Keller 4. Any of  the black men and women in the 'Historic' times. (There are lots of amazing people in the world, both dead and alive, that I would love to talk with). And we would talk about life, God and their motivations/ principles.

One thing led to another and I stumbled on 'Anne Frank' (Another great person I really wish I'd meet), and She's officially my new best friend (after God, family and Boyfriend)...
Anna Frank (June 12 1929- March 1945).
Image Sourcewww.aucklandmuseum.com

I ended up watching a movie about her and if you have about 2 hours to spare, please watch it too (Also, read her documented diary: 'The diary of a young girl'). It's so worth it and a billion things to learn...
Anne Frank (Part 1)
Source: Youtube

Source:Youtube




Anna's story has thought me about appreciating the gift of FREEDOM. The freedom to live and be opinionated; the freedom to enjoy fresh air and the company of good friends; the freedom of sleeping on a bed and good health. The freedom to enjoy amazing moments with family and the one you love. The freedom to have an amazing relationship with God and the freedom to be you in a turpsy turvy world.

Beyond the tears and all, I saw a little girl who loved life till the very end and I still see a child who lives forever through her story.... 

Anne Frank story inspires us to never give up on life and to remain true to our dreams and faith in God despite whatever changing circumstances we might face...

I also learnt that maturity and wisdom has nothing to do with a person's age (TRUE!!!!)
Please read some of her wise thoughts below (and she was about 13 or 15 when she started writing):

  •  “Where there's hope, there's life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.” Anne Frank
  • “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”― Anne Frank
  • “It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” ― Anne Frank
  • “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”  Anne Frank
  • “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.” ― Anne Frank
  • “I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” ― Anne Frank
  • “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” ― Anne Frank
  • “I don't want to have lived in vain like most people. I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I've never met. I want to go on living even after my death!” ― Anne Frank
  • “In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit.” ― Anne Frank
  • “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” Anne Frank
  • “Human greatness does not lie in wealth or power, but in character and goodness. People are just people, and all people have faults and shortcomings, but all of us are born with a basic goodness.” ― Anne Frank
  • “Memories mean more to me than dresses.” ― Anne Frank
  • “There's only one rule you need to remember: laugh at everything and foget everybody else! It sound egotistical, but it's actually the only cure for those suffering from self-pity.” ― Anne Frank
  • “Earning happiness means doing good and working, not speculating and being lazy. Laziness may look inviting, but only work gives you true satisfaction.” ― Anne Frank
  • “Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery” ― Anne Frank
  • “People who have a religion should be glad, for not everyone has the gift of believing in heavenly things. You don't necessarily even have to be afraid of punishment after death; purgatory, hell, and heaven are things that a lot of people can't accept, but still a religion, it doesn't matter which, keeps a person on the right path. It isn't the fear of God but the upholding of one's own honor and conscience. How noble and good everyone could be if, every evening before falling asleep, they were to recall to their minds the events of the while day and consider exactly what has been good and bad. Then, without realizing it you try to improve yourself at the start of each new day; of course, you achieve quite a lot in the course of time. Anyone can do this, it costs nothing and is certainly very helpful. Whoever doesn't know it must learn and find by experience that: "A quiet conscience mades one strong!” ― Anne Frank
  • “How lovely to think that no one need wait a moment, we can start now, start slowly changing the world! How lovely that everyone, great and small, can make their contribution toward introducing justice straightaway... And you can always, always give something, even if it is only kindness!” ― Anne Frank
  • “I know what I want, I have a goal, an opinion, I have a religion and love. Let me be myself and then I am satisfied. I know that I’m a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage.” ― Anne Frank
  • “I don't have much in the way of money or worldly possessions, I'm not beautiful, intelligent or clever, but I'm happy, and I intend to stay that way! I was born happy, I love people, I have a trusting nature, and I'd like everyone else to be happy too. ” ― Anne Frank
  • “Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.” ― Anne Frank


Wishing you a great day. Be inspired by this 16 year old GEM :))

Hugs...


Thanks a billion for reading....


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment