Wednesday 15 May 2013

ROCKING A CHAIR!!!!

One of the many truths I've come to accept in life is this...
Yup!!!!

I'm a big 'Worrier'...The littlest thing can make me scared....I cry a lot about a bad situation...Talk about a crazy situation for about a 'million times' to those that care to listen...Mull about a situation to the point that it takes over my entire being...

Uhmm.... Talking, thinking and crying might offer some sort of temporary relief but eventually, the problem is still there...and the whole process of worrying starts over again.....

For instance, when dad died, it was crazy...It was a worrisome period....I felt like a rocking chair...Cried and moved but I felt like that was all. There was no rest and peace in my soul. If my sister fell ill, I worried that she would die (Can you imagine?) or if mom was a bit upset, I worried about what I could do to help her...but what can a poor jobless 18 years old undergraduate do? 

Uhmmmm, trust me, worrying didn't add any value to me except giving me a headache or maybe helping me lose a lil' weight... Ha!

I learnt that rather than worry and give myself a lot of heartache, trusting and leaving it to God was my only option and so far I've been crazy blessed and humbled by Gods great love for me and my family...

Rather than worry...Rest on God!


Benjamin Franklin said, “The way to see by faith is

 to shut the eye of reason”.

When you are hit by life's many trials (honestly, they seem never ending)........Lean on God....and like Jesus said 'Take heart, I have overcome the world'.

Stop the tears and replace them with smiles. Stop the mulling and replace them with good/happy thoughts. Stop talking to the 'Oprah's' of the world and start talking to the Most High....Stop worrying/fretting and Start resting on GOD'.
Ah!!! Can't get over the gift of prayer. We are so privileged to talk to the most important BEING in the universe anywhere and at anytime...

PS: God hears...
The other day I was rambling to HIM about how I haven't seen a rainbow in a while and then yesterday, after reading 10 pages from my new fave book 'The Bible is a girls best friend', I looked up and just beside the brightest orange-y Sun I've ever seen, I saw the most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen... (Still excited about it)

Rainbows represents unfailing promises and God promises for U are never forgotten and are good. 
Also, if you look hard, You will find beauty and help where you least expect....
Always remember, beauty for ashes :)

If God could hear a 'crazy girl' prayer for a rainbow, how much more  yours? He's your father and friend, You can tell Him what you want and trust His decision and will for you :)

And wait in His time too no matter how hard it is....His timing is perfect...

Funny thing is, I need to apply this in my life today...This morning I got one those news that can spoil an almost perfect day...I've told God {Yup :) }and I'm trusting Him for His ready present help....

So, please pray for me too!!!! Plssssssssssss!!!! :)

So, sorry I've been MIA....Missed this so much...Miss You too!

Have a beautiful rainbow filled day :))


Song of the day: Oh you bring by Hillsong


Thanks a billion for reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment