Tuesday 8 April 2014

Dear Akure....

Dear Akure,
Thank You so much for an inspiring, joy-filled weekend....Thank you for helping me dream again...Thanks for the reminder that hope exists and that there are 'hearts' dreaming big and doing big things.....

Thanks for being a tool in Gods hands...and may He keep giving you wisdom to bring joy to people like me.

Love You! :)
......................................................................................

Was invited to speak at a TedX Event in Akure...So grateful to God for the opportunity...and it's official, I need a Crash Course on Public Speaking (Was so scared. Being honest!!!...Praying I did a good job..hahahahahaha)....If you are a public speaker, please I need your help with this ASAP..LOL...

The beautiful thing about my visit to Akure was not just the talk, but the people I met..so many intelligent people...I enjoyed every conversation and I got to explore Idanre hills as well...Wow!!!!

Super grateful for an awesome weekend....

See Pics below!!!!!

Never stop dreaming.... :)


Day 1: A visit to the venue
Talking to a group of students on being a hero...Shared Fatima storyyyy..Nothing like loving people..



Yh!!! I love smiling....


The amazing, intelligent, awesome, Joel Ogunsola....You need to meet this guy!!!!

Young minds!!!!


I love Gbengas speech.....



Borrowing Ibukun's words...I love them like Kilode....




Night out with brilliant minds......From left to right, Me, Godwin (My friend), Ayman (Ultimate life coach), Valentine (Awesome speaker), Ibukun (Sage in Rubic Cube...He is!\),  Constant (My adopted Big brother..learnt a lot from him), and the really brilliantttttttttt Saleem....

We all need an ice breaker ball....Will never forget this question: If you knew you were not going to fail at something, would you still do it?


I will never forget Kofoworola Olaofe's talk on bent but not broken....This woman is amazing!!!!!!! #inspired


So grateful to be on the same stage with..... kofo Olaofe,  Chude Jideonwu, Dele Akinsade, Constant Asabia, Seun Onigbinde, Tomi Sax, Akin Adaramola, Team LIfesaver (Mike and Yinka), Feyisayo Anjorin, Prof Segun Ojo, Ayman Mahmood...... This is one memory I don't think I will forget...Isn't God awesome?



I love them like Kilode......With Ibuku, Tope, Godwin and all this
amazing amazing people.....

Yh!!! TedX





With my new best friend!

Good Ol selfie with my Ores>>>>

With besties...lol!!!!

Oh! did I mention that the rubic maestro gave me this....Blessed!!!!


With the ultimate lifecoach...Ayman

Day 3: On our way to Idanre hills



Ok! Diwura figured it out....Dancing your way through the stair helps a lot...But OMO, my legs hurt ooooo!!!!



I wonder wts happens down this path!!! Anyone wants to guess...












Saw this house on the hill...I wonder what memories it holds!


Come get us :)

One of my precious memories on the hill was singing 'You are God' with Feyi. Awe-inspiring!!!!


Tell its story!!!!
More houses on the hills!!!!




I heard this tree grows only in the desert...true or not?




The ancient palace!!!!!



With the beauties- Ibk, Funmi and Diwura..And the Handsome Mr. Faith!

Awwwwww!!!!!!!


After all said and done.....I'm grateful to laugh, and live and love.....Thank you GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Honestly, I don't know why I was invited to Akure, but I'm grateful for the experience (It was scary, at first......but i'm glad I did it......Humbled!!!!!)...Keep doing what you are doin', and with God by your side, it will turn out great...

Cheers to unforgettable memories and the Tedx Akure Team :)


Again: 

"What Would You Attempt to Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail?"



No comments:

Post a Comment