Wednesday 31 December 2014

#234

Hello Everyone :)


I was going through an old note book, and saw this poem I wrote in solidarity with the #bringbackourgirls campaign. It's titled #234. 

I hope you like it.

#234
I am just a girl, she is too
I will grow up to be a woman, she will too
I am free, she is not
I am home, she is trapped

In the distance, I play with my friends,
Running to ma and pa as each day ends, praying these memories won’t stop.....
In the distance, I see her cry, longing for ma or pa, begging Mr. Monster to stop.

I am just a kid, she is not,
Aged by seen wickedness, begging Papa in heaven to make it stop.

She is maid, a slave, sex tool...her crime being in school, being a girl, being a child?
And I am princess, surrounded by the norm in my world,

I am just a girl, she is too...
I will grow up to be a woman, she will too,
I am free, she is not,

I am me, she is statistics
I am me.......she is number 1, 2, 3, 4..........234
I am happy....she is sad
I make my choices.....she doesn’t
I am free...she is afraid...

:(

Source: Google Images

**********************************
It's Christmas in a few days time, and I am looking forward to spending time with my family, enjoy the gift of laughter with them, live in freedom and as described in folklores, eat rice, salad &chicken, but it's not going to be the same for some families, one of which is the families of the abducted little girls.

Like that song goes...all I want for Christmas is you, and I wonder if it's too much to ask for their return, their freedom.

I believe in rainbows over cloud. I believe in being positive. I pray we never forget them. I ask that we put heartbroken families in our prayers as we celebrate the holiday this season. 

In addition to prayers, lets keep doing our bit of good in the world.


Thank you so much for reading.

Happy Holiday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment