Tuesday 5 June 2012

BEAUTIFUL FACES...

A friend just sent these pictures to me... it's so sad {I've been an emotional wreck since the DANA Crash}...It's scary...Anytime a plane fly over my house, I'm scared...It's insane.

Truth is, death is inevitable. It can happen to anyone. It can happen anywhere too (Even at home. To think that some people were home, probably sleeping, cooking, doing something, when the plane crashed on them...insane).
The pictures here could be ours. That of our moms, dads, children, husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, friends. People we love. People we've promised. People we plan to forgive. People we never had the chance to bade good bye.
 
My Vice Chancellor (Professor Onwuliri) was involved in the crash. His wife was my lecturer and his son was my friend. I can imagine the pain they are going through right now. I've lost a dear one and trust me, it's not a good feeling at all.

This incident has helped me re-evaluate my life. What do I want to be remembered for? Do I show my family and friends how much I love them? What is my relationship with God like?

Like my friend advised: Life is short. So, laugh hard. Love more. Forgive. Share. Tell your loved ones you love them. Draw close to God.

These are some of the beautiful faces we will miss. I got it from this site.

Please pray for their families.

Adamu Bamaiyi

Adeleke Oluwadamilare - a 400 level student of
Bowen University, Iwo.

Amaka Awani

Amina Bugaje

Ayoola Somolu

Dunni Doherty

The DANA Air Crew

Echendu Ibe and Jennifer Ibe Mother & daughter) who were
to board a flight in Lagos to India for medical checkup.
The young girl had a heart problem.

Ehime Aihkomu - Augustus Aihkomu's son

Iniebong Asuquo

Jones Ifekawa

Kayode Okikiolu

Kola Ayoola, A branch Manager at Sterling Bank Plc. Lagos

Kunbi Adebiyi

Levi Ajuonoma - NNPC spokesman & Ace Broadcaster

Lt Colonel Chumbo Ochigbo


Maimuna Ayene was on board with her husband, kids & Mother.
Kids were visiting Nigeria for the first time.

Mutihir Isttifaanus

Nadine Chidiac.


Alvana Ojukwu - was supposed to be off to Oxford in September

Oluchi Onyenyiri & her two kids were also on the plane.

Olumide Coker

Pastor Akin - of House on The Rock


Wale Eribake

MY VICE CHANCELLOR- FUTO
Rev. Ayodeji and Ngozi Cole - they left behind those 3 adorable kids
I find comfort in this song. Hope you do too? Jeremy Camp- There will be a day

Thanks a lot for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Prof Onwuliri was my lecturer and supervisor at UNiversity of Jos, Nigeria. Not long ago we got in touch by email. He was a good kind man. Him and his wife Viola were a magical couple at UJ. When I heard this news bile emptied into my mouth and I feel very ill.

    Nigerian govt and Nigerians as a whole should reflect on this. What is the value of life in our country? How long before we overhaul our transport, health and emergency infrastructure? What would cause 2 Engines in a plane to fail mid air in a journey of about 60minutes or so ? Too many questions and no answer.

    May your departed souls find peace. May those of us who grieve be comforted.

    sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia,
    I agree with you. Too many questions and no answers. I hope the government learn from this lesson. But Our government is "all talk but no action". May God help us all.

    ReplyDelete