Friday 29 June 2012

LAGOS AND RAIN

I love the rain, I really do, but not when my 'environment' is like this.

(Irritating right?)

That was 'Lagos' yesterday. Apparently, it rained all through Wednesday night and the early hours of Thursday.
My friend woke up to a flooded house. A colleague of mine had to use a boat to leave his street. It was that bad.
Here are some pictures of the flood yesterday...



But, the question on my mind is - do we ever learn?
We had this same scenario in July 2011 and I thought we would have taken precautionary measures to prevent it from happening again but I guess that is not the case.

Thankfully, my part of Lagos wasn't flooded but what about those that have lost valuables from the flood.

Sighs. Experience isn't the best teacher after all.

It's raining right now. More flood? I hope not.

Thanks a lot for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment