How's your day so far?
I'm still trying to make sense out of the stupid Colorado shooting that happened some days back...(My Kid sister has refused to go anywhere near a Cinema house. She's scared!!!).
Also, my heart goes out to the Makoko people in Lagos whose homes have being demolished (I understand that where they are staying is risky, but is there an alternative for them? Sighs...).
Being reading a lot these days and this post by David Latumahina made lots of sense to me. How can we stay happy despite the rock of unhappiness we are saddled with?
I thought I'd share it with you.
Your happiness is your responsibility. Don’t blame outside condition or other people if you’re not happy. While things around you could change and go bad, it is you who decide how you will respond to them. You can decide to be happy.
With that in mind, here are some ways to find happiness in life:
1. Stop comparing yourself with others
2. Count your blessings
3. Find your inner voice
4. Reconnect with your childhood dreams
5. Help someone: Happiness is like a kiss…you must share it to enjoy it.
6. Spend more quality time with your loved ones: There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved- George Sand
7. Appreciate nature
8. Pray or meditate
9. Know yourself: You will be happier if you understand who you are. Taking personality tests or drawing a simple life map could help you recognize who you are.
10. Say thank you
12. Listen more than you speak
13. Stop judging others
14. Focus on what you can control: There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will- Epictetus
15. Forgive yourself
16. Forgive others: To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness- Robert Muller
17. Accept yourself
18. Know how to deal with problemsDoes the principles above apply to you? Can you be happy if you apply them? Will it help 'the Nigerian makokites'?
My thoughts and well-wishes are with the family of the Senseless Colorado shooting and to the Makoko people in Lagos...
Thanks for visiting this page and stay Happy :)