Tuesday 24 July 2012

WORKPLACE SQUABBLES

A wise Buddhist once said 'Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned'.


And I agree with him. Why are we angry? Does it even make sense? 2- 5 hours from now, ask yourself again, does being angry make sense?


The conversation started this way...
'Hannah, get Tina for me now'. He said in his Oh-so-Bossy voice. Hannah, looked up her computer, turned and stared at him, and without flinching her gaze, she said, 'No'. He asked again, 'I need you to get Tina for me so that we can look over this report together' and she looked him straight in the eyes, replying, 'You've got legs. Do it yourself'.


Everyday he says, 'I can't work with her. How can one person cause so much menace and fear in the workplace? I'd already took her number off my phone'. 

I also hear her speak of Mr. Tim, 'I can't work with him. If the mind could kill, I already did that 10 times over.


Workplace squabbling's- Are you part of it? How do you deal with it when it comes?


Well, these are some practical steps we can take to avoid or at least reduce it. Some worked for me (used to be an angry kid):
1. Stay calm- Be in control of your conversations
2. Always reply with a smile
3. Ask questions
4. Be a good listener
5. Give your work colleague the benefit of the doubt
6. Remember, when you control your mind, you've won the fight.
7. Treat others the way you want to be treated. You want respect? Treat others that way.
8. {Fill in the space... :) }


Remember, you spend 5 days of the week with your work colleagues. They know your mannerisms, your likes, dislikes, eating habits and maybe, some things you'd like to keep private. They are practically family.


STOP the squabbles. STOP the drama. It's not worth it, trust me.


Mucho gracias :) Hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment