Saturday 4 August 2012

'So Said Home' :)

"I believe in the spirit of sharing and I believe we are what we are because of those around us.""I am what I am because of other people and they are what they are because of me being around." "One hand cannot clap on its own but it needs the other hand to make a clap." "Many hands make light work.”- Maasai Tribe 

Hi dear,
How’s your weekend so far?
A few years back, a brave lady set out to help the vulnerable on the streets of Lagos. They included the mentally challenged and their children. She didn’t get a lot of support at first, but with time, in addition to the increment in the number of her wards, she garnered a lot of respect and started the ‘so said charity home’. Please, click here to find out more about the home.
I spent today volunteering with them. They are moving to their new facility at Hossannah estate, Ago Palace way.
Honestly, at first, I was scared ‘cos of the mentally challenged, but, I found out they weren’t as harmful as the ‘movies’ make them out to be. The children were wonderful. They were respectful and taught me the importance of being grateful for what I have. I was humbled in their presence.
It was an indescribable experience which will stick with me for a long time. Can’t wait to experience this again.
Please, if you are in Lagos, visit this home (You can call 08062338837 for more enquiries) , they will be pleased to have you around. They need your help.
Here are some pictures I took while at the home…
Say Cheese!!!!!!!

Volunteer time

A struggle for d legs :D

Don't want to go home...
A day well spent indeed...
Thank you for your support and for sharing this. The so said family and I love you.
Hugs!!!!!

2 comments: