Thursday 27 September 2012

DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE


Picture of the day: :))

It’s been raining since 7 pm yesterday which is kind of good and bad. Bad because, the rain would cause a lot of havoc, here and there. I can imagine the headline for tomorrow ‘FLOODING IN LAGOS’ or ‘RAIN DESTROYS AN ENTIRE FAMILY’ or ‘STANDSTILL IN LAGOS!!! THANKS TO THE RAIN'. Sometimes, the rain can be that bad. But still, I can imagine the joy, farmers in several part of the country have right now since the commencement of the rain. Abundant food crops which ripples into more money, more food and a better economy for us as well as the country.  

Our world is coloured with different perspectives. Our thoughts are what make us who we are. Sometimes, I agree with one of the laws of physics which says ‘In every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction’. There is always a counteraction to something, a different perspective in the way we see every thing...
Source: everydaypeoplecartoons.com
My friend and I were talking about ‘the rules of perspective yesterday’. It was so funny... Here are some examples;
·       
‘   'Silence is golden’, still yet, ‘the best brains are lost in the grave because of their silence’. - Different perspectives, which is correct...
·       
    Someone once says, ‘Celibacy is the best kind of life’, still we say ‘No man is an island’...So, how can celibacy be the best kind of life since no man is an island and we need each other to make things work?...
·     
          I remember back then in Secondary School where, when someone makes noise, the teacher will say ‘Two captains cannot sail/ lead a ship’ and probably punish the person. That’s true, 2 captains cannot lead ‘cos they might get lost in the process...but still, ‘birds of the same feather flock together’, so if both captains are good, won’t they make fantastic leaders at the same time.

Our discussion went into the night and ended with this saying, ‘In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king’, ok, we are still looking for a quote that counteracts that... (Please help, if you know any.. J)

The point is, there are always different ways of looking at things. I choose to be positive, no matter how hard life hits me...rather than groaning that ‘it’s another work week and I need more sleep’, I wake up grateful ‘for the gift of life’, most people wish they had that.....

Obalende was dirty today (As usual..imagine it with the rain too...Really gory) and in a bid to avoid looking at dirt's around me, I looked up the sky and my gaze fell on this beautiful tree that was so tall and looked so pretty against the backdrop of the grey sky and silvery rain drop (really magical considering the place I'm talking about)... It was the most beautiful thing at that moment and instead of joining the crowd in condemning the place, I pointed at that beauty...

A billion and one things can get us down (Look at the news) but I choose to have a better perspective (even though it's easier to be sour), hope you choose that too?

Have a great day...
Speak positively to yourself at all times.

Thanks a lot for reading :) 
Hugs....




No comments:

Post a Comment