Wednesday 26 September 2012

SERENITY

One of my favourite past times is researching and making presentations. I always look forward to the good old butterfly tingles and crazy heartbeats. Although, I admit that the adrenalin rush can be a bit too much, still, I love channelling that energy into making the best of my presentations (Thanks to a lot of public speaking engagements,  a lil'  push from dad and prayers ). It is exciting to talk sha...

On Friday, I will be giving a presentation in our monthly Safety meeting on depression. Will tell you more about it on Friday (Pinky swear) but trust me a lot of people are depressed.

Take the example of the men who were arguing in the middle of the road because of 'right of way'. When I passed by them,  I thought they were shooting a movie (had to think that way 'cos I don't understand why grown men would act like that. It felt too silly to be real) but they were really insulting each other. 
Man 1:  Move your car (In an angry tone) Man 2: No, it's my lane. If you like, don't move.... Imagine this going on for 20 minutes....

The economy is bad. People are angry. They are hurting and are depressed.

Thankfully, based on the research, depression is treatable...Glad to know there is a calmness we can experience even after swimming in the river of depression {Ok, trying to be poetic :)) }
Will definitely talk about it on Friday hopefully (Please watch this space)...Can't wait...
Source: http://iosifthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/love.jpg

For now, I leave you with what I call the 'Serenity' quote (Stumbled upon it during my research): 
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” - Reinhold Niebuhr

Hope you had an awesome day...

Thank you so  much for reading :) hugs!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment