Saturday 8 September 2012

INSPIRED BY BASSEY IKPI: A PLEA TO THE JUICE

Hi Dear, 
Just a quick hello...
I love the intertwine of words, whether 'straight-up' or 'flowery'. I can spend my time writing stuffs whether it makes sense or not. I also love listening to people talk. Don't you? 
Well, here's a poem (Or something like it), I wrote some time back. I felt I was loosing it and writing this brought back some sanity..Hope you like it... :)

A PLEA TO THE JUICE 
Flow juice flow, my inner voice screams
I’m scared, not stressed, but just dark
My heart is beating. I’m gasping for breath
Trying to find an inspiration but nothing is forth coming
The world is painted with words I love, words I want to etch but can’t seem to see...
The blindness, it’s over killing, and I want a miracle.
I can’t seem to write. It just stopped without some form of notice.
The juices seem dried up. The current seems to go another direction
The thought, the zeal, disappeared, as fast as the speed of light go
My finger, my brain seems frozen
It’s not that the thoughts are lost. 
It’s just that some unexplainable ghosts from the present are at arm’s length to my depth.
Juice, please flow, and help lessen the burden of a dried mind.
Need your creative blood to function.
To dole out what goes on in my heart
The best way I can.
I want to write. 
I need to write. 
Teach me how to do that again?
Please, juice flow, the inner man screams.
- Ijeoma

Still on Poetry, I want to honour my new favourite poet 'Bassey Ikpi'

I listened to 'homeward' and I'm still stunned...
Nice, right?
Well,  if you are a poetry freak, she is having a show at Terra Kulture, Lagos on the 15th of Sept., 5 PM (No African Time)...Here's an excerpt
BasseyWorldLive: Nigeria, just like her previous shows will see the Nigerian-born poet/writer ta
ke center stage, perform her electrifying spoken word, and answer a few questions from the audience.

The event also serves as the first national poetry slam, where finalists selected from a handful that sent in their entries via YouTube will compete for the conveted first place position by a talented panel of judges (including the energetic Kemi Adetiba, the charming Sage and Bez Idakula and 2 audience members who will be picked randomly on that day)

A new side to selected celebrities like Denrele and Dolapo Oni will also be unveiled as they perform their never before seen or heard poetry. We also have a surprise celebrity performer.. (who you do not want to miss doing poetry)

Bez will be the music artist of the night!
RED CARPET Starts at 5pm. We will NOT be doing AFRICAN TIME!!

Tickets are 3k and are available at TerraKulture!

The event also serves as the first national poetry slam, where finalists selected from a handful that sent in their entries via YouTube will compete for the conveted first place position by a talented panel of judges (including the energetic Kemi Adetiba, the charming Sage and Bez Idakula and 2 audience members who will be picked randomly on that day)
A new side to selected celebrities like Denrele and Dolapo Oni will also be unveiled as they perform their never before seen or heard poetry. We also have a surprise celebrity performer.. (who you do not want to miss doing poetry)
Bez will be the music artist of the night!
RED CARPET Starts at 5pm. We will NOT be doing AFRICAN TIME!!
Tickets are 3k and are available at TerraKulture!
See you at the show...(Time for guitar practise)
Thanks a billion for reading....Hugs!!!
Inspiration for the day: No matter what, keep showing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment