Saturday 22 September 2012

THE FIRST CUT


Marilyn Monroe best captures today’s post when she said “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 

That’s exactly what I spent last night trying to tell my friend- Dinma. It was a crazy drama with me, her and her boyfriend/ first love being the main cast.

Background story first: Dinma and Tony started dating in 2007. It was love at first site and they were inseparable (I’m sure you know the drill). They were supposed to get married as soon as he’s done with his masters in London and secure a job and then last night, yup, last night, he said he was ‘no longer interested in the relationship’.  

I’ve never seen Dinma so heartbroken (Except for when she had some missing scripts in school, thank God that saga is over and done with); she tried putting the pieces together and needed me to console her somehow (even though we were miles apart and relied on our telephone conversations). She said she noticed he started cheating and felt the distance was taking its toll on them. She didn’t want to talk about it and relied on their ‘love’ to pull them through. And now this…major heartbreak…

Honestly, I didn’t know what to say, other than, everything works out for the best and time heals all wound and you will find the right person. And then, I remembered what my psychologist friend used to say, ‘one of the greatest causes of mental illnesses is a broken relationship. It can drive a lady to kill herself or maybe act insanely and gain unnecessary weight. If a guy leaves you without justifiable reason, let him go. It means he doesn’t deserve you. Better guys will come your way. Continue being yourself and be happy. Honestly, sometimes, we are not worth killing yourself over for’.

And I told my friend that. Admist the tears, sniffing, no hugs and red eye, I told her what I thought as honest as I could. Told her not to listen to mushy love songs too :) 
(Toni Braxton's 'unbreak my heart' was playing in the background, I forced her to turn it off)

I pray she heals. Spoke with her this morning and she sounded better than yesterday.

Yesterday, she had this picture up as her blackberry display picture (Scary right?)


Heartbreaks hurt, especially, when it’s a first love cut. A line from a popular song reads ‘the first cut is the deepest....’. It’s crazy to have your heart chattered and it might take a while to heal but always remember this:

1. If they don’t stick with you, maybe they don’t deserve you
2. Always be yourself. Love, live and be happy. Don’t get stuck in the past. The right person will show up.

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.”  William W. Purkey

3. Let Go and let God. He heals all wounds.
4. Don’t let anyone control the ‘remote control’ for your life. It’s for you to tune in to whatever channel you want. Be in charge. Determine your mood.
5. Forgive. Just forgive. 

What do you think? 
How was your night???

Wishing you a beautiful/ blessed weekend with much love and no emotional hurt.
song for today: BROKEN STRING BY JAMES MORRISON AND NELLY FURTADO

Thank you for reading…Hugs J

1 comment: