Monday 1 October 2012

FREEDOM


No rack can torture me,
My soul's at liberty
Behind this mortal bone
There knits a bolder one

 

You cannot prick with saw,
Nor rend with scymitar.
Two bodies therefore be;
Bind one, and one will flee.

 

The eagle of his nest
No easier divest
And gain the sky,
Than mayest thou,

 

Except thyself may be
Thine enemy;
Captivity is consciousness,
So's liberty.


- Emancipation by Emily Dickinson
Source of Image:http://redemptoristpreacher.com/2010/03/24/

I've read a lot about Nigeria today; I've read a billion reasons why we shouldn't celebrate today. I've seen corruption and insecurity hold us to ransom. 
Someone said, 52 years later, what's to show for it? My friend wrote her poetry on Nigeria and it started with the words 'Hi, Old man, you are a mess'...

Have you seen this video 'The real story of Nigeria' (Watched it on you tube last week)
(Don't know how true it is, but it seems to tell a lot about our history)

But from a different perspective, I think the country is better than it was  before...We are a stronger people who fights for our right, there is better transparency and accountability, and  corrupt people are being exposed every other day which is a good thing...Also, electricity is kinda better...

My verdict:We might not be perfect. We might not make the best decisions. But,we are still together and we are FREE from colonial clutches...My thoughts..

What's yours?

True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what's right.- Brigham Young
We all make up the country, We are Nigeria; So, before you judge, what are you doing to make the country right? What are you doing that is right?

Have a great day....

Thanks for reading. Hugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment