Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Art of Forgiveness


The picture is not related to the post or maybe it is (if the wife forgives her husband for forgetting)...Just want to make you laugh a little...I did too...Hehehehehehehe....
Back to basics .^_^.

Is it easy to forgive?
I remember Sunday school class from some years back, we were talking about Jesus and my teacher told us the story of Peter, Jesus and the art of forgiveness. She said, Peter asked the Lord how often he should forgive his brother. The Lord's answer to him was simple: Up to 70 times seven times. (Matthew 18:22) In other words, all the time!

I’ve tried to live by that, you know, ‘To err is human but to forgive is 
divine’....But it’s not easy...

I remember one incident a long time ago, I was so angry and didn’t let go of the hurt I felt then. I refused to talk to or forgive those hurt me...I admit I was maniac, but one day, it dawned on me that being angry wasn’t helping at all. Felt like a hypocrite too because How can i say I love God whom I can’t see and hate my fellow human being whom I see? My mom says, if you want forgiveness, then forgive others.

Forgiving others isn’t easy though. Imagine being in the same situation as the guy in the movie ‘Law abiding citizen’. Someone comes to your house and rape/kill your wife and kids. Would you forgive?

Or imagine being in the shoes of my friend Naima, whose bestie ‘or so she thought’ stole her man. Would you forgive your friend or your man?

What if someone killed your child mistakenly, probably due to drunk driving, would you forgive that person?

It’s not easy but I’ve always looked at things this way, when you see yourself as being as imperfect as the one who hurt you, you would forgive, ‘Cos really, if errors were what God watched, who would stand?


Still think it's hard to forgive?

“True forgiveness is when you can say, "Thank you for that experience.” 
 Oprah Winfrey

Martin Luther Said ‘Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” 
“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”  Mahatma Gandhi,  

I agree with you, It can be dauting though. We need God's GRACE  to do it....But if you choose to hold on to bitterness, no one suffers but you. You lose your peace, then possibly your health. It is just not worth it. God says to 
you, ‚"Let go. Forgive them their debts, just as I have forgiven you yours.”

I watched this video on forgiveness and it touched my heart.

Can you do it?

The ultimate goal of forgiveness is to let go of hurt and anger and to replace it with love, and empathy.Forgiveness is like the fragrance a flower gives, after it has been stepped on.

Have a great day....

Thanks a lot for reading. Hugs!!!!

 “To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because 
God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.”


No comments:

Post a Comment