Monday 27 May 2013

At the great Olumo Rock...First times :)

 
Hello Les Amis
How was your weekend???
Mine was super great...

Me and one of my 'amazing' paddy in the Universe, Gbenga, went rock climbing at OLUMO ROCK :))

It was my first time there (Gbenga's 3rd)....Felt like a kid on an adventure...It was so scary/ beautiful/ enlightening....I love places with a lot of history and this place made me appreciate/ fall in love with Nigeria and GOD all over again...It was an awesome experience...plus I got eat some corn and have insightful conversation with my paddy :))

Here are some of my beautiful moments below... ^_^
From the outside...WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)


Walking Steadilyyyyyyy towards it :))
Closer :))

And the climb begins :))....Oops we met our tour guides!!!!!
Me and the men of EGBA....Amazing storytellers
Gbenga, lets do this!!!! HA!!!! 

First stop...The shrine....Ghost time!!!!!! :))
Goin into the cave
Me and Gbenga at the hide out....Wow!!! cant believe that some hundred years back...This served as a refuge for the people of Egba.....
A room inside the cave....How will a tall person fit in? :))
It's that Tiny? Like I could fit in? Lol


Natural Mortarsssssss!!!!!!
The burial place of one of the great kings of the Egba kingdom
On to the next oneeeeeeeee.........


I loved the statue....She welcomed us to the next phase of the climb :)
  
Yup!!!!This one :)) Narrow path indeed :))
So the stairs have been there since time immemorial (The additional stairs were added to make it more comfortable for people to climb) ....God is just super awesome!!!!!

Getting ready to climb...But shoes gotta go...Oops!!!!!!
Gbenga Move awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :))

Yup...Me nexttttttttt.....At the other side :))

Second stage over...Whewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next climb...So while I try to be brave and all...This bridge scared me...Looking down from it is not 'NICE'..hehehehe..But im thankful for it cos i heard that previous climbers had to jump from one end to another....Scaryyyy!!!!!!!!

Yayyyyy!!!!! Crossed it.....Up next the top!!!!

But gotta rejoice first....Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Didn't rejoice for long.....The struggle continues......
The trick is to go over these pile of rocksssssss
:)

But when U do...U get to the top and REST!!!!!!!
Smile with your friendssssssssssssssss

Smile at yourself
And see the great IROKO Tree :))


With our new friends....Joshua and Wasiu.....Great climbers...

I love the view from the Top......
Can you make out the Ogun river...........

I love how they maintained the 'Vintage Mud' Houses in the area.....It's honestly breathtaking,,,,,,,,,,,

The house on the 'yellow' rockkkkkk.......#like :))


 The trip was amazing....I heard this story about some tourists who wanted to break the rock. Unfortunately for them, while breaking the rock, it started bleeding water and blood...Some of it entered the tourist eyes and they became blind......
Uhmmm, not sure if the story is correct but hey! 

It's a pleasant place to visit...and did I mention they have a gallery..and I got me my first art work

I call it the 'Konga' Man...It's made from waste tinssss like tin bottle and plates and all that...In the words of the artist  'waste is gold'.....



Was gifted a bracelet....Faith. Hope. Love....Thank you Mr. Art Man :))



 
 I loved visiting this place (Officially their new spokes person..LOL)... Awed by the wonders of Gods work here....Like the name implies- 'Oluwa Lo Mo' meaning 'God created it' ...This couldn't have been man made :))

So grateful for all in life...Didn't mind that I was drenched by the rain (It rained heavily on my way home...I guess I needed a bath after all that climbing..LOL)It's all part of the adventure and I feel blessed to be alive to experience all of this beauty...And like Gbenga wished me 'Have a lot of beautiful first times'....

Make time to LIVE life...Make time to enjoy your world and everyone in it. Make time to see the beauty of Gods work.....Always remember that no matter what goes on in life, GOD is forever your ROCK, like the Olumo is to the people of Egba :))

Thank you so much for reading....
Have a beautiful week and amazing first times....

Hugs :))




 

No comments:

Post a Comment