Friday 5 July 2013

ALL HE SAYS I AM


Source: Youtube


Hello Les Amis :)

Yesterday, I watched a movie called 'the color purple'...It's a beautiful movie, and what struck me about the movie were the parts where the lead character 'Celie' was repeatedly called 'UGLY, NO GOOD, DULL', and other hateful words. She grew up believing she was all those 'words'. Thankfully, God pulled through for her and everything turned out well (You need to watch it. It's crazily beautiful)........ However, most of her life, she lived and breathed those words- 'UGLY, NO GOOD, DULL'.
Source: googleimages
Most people aren't as fortunate as Celie. People judge them for their looks and actions rather than treat them with love.They get bullied/ attacked with words and deeds and most times, they commit suicide :(


I love my mama and her words of wisdom and funny thing was last night she reiterated to me the importance of having a HIGH self worth/ self esteem. I needed those reminders.
Image source: googleimages

I'm all for speaking positive words to people, but what if someone speaks 'hurtful things to you', what would you do? Cower in fear, become suicidal, believe them and start living the 'WORDS'?

Let nothing/ no one/ situation steal your JOY. Let no one define you except for God and He says you are BEAUTIFUL.  


You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. - Psalms 139: 13-15 

Be beautiful, Feel it and have a good self esteem. 
Having a beautiful sense of yourself goes beyond how popular you are or how you look or what you've accomplished or the kind of car you drive or what country you live in or the kind of house you live in. It's appreciating YOURSELF for who you are- faults and strengths, and enjoying life safe in that knowledge. 
People with good self esteem feel good about themselves. They know they aren't perfect but they are willing to change to make themselves better at their own 'PACE'.

People with good self esteem never compare themselves with others too. So, the other girl is prettier or that guy have a better car? Ha! Move on. Be happy. Smile.

Life is  too beautiful to keep looking beside you than looking ahead. Want someone to compete 

with or compare yourself to? How about the 

person you were yesterday. Be better than them.


“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, 

deserve your love and affection” - Gautama Buddha

Be confident in who you are. I have a friend who

has vitiligo, and she is the most confident person 

I've ever met. She doesn't let comments about her 

skin affect her mood. She's brave and enjoys life  

and for me, that's what makes her more beautiful 

than most people I've met. I love 'Maryam' too 

much :))


Let today be the day…You stand strong in the 

truth of your beauty and journey through your 

day without attachment to the validation of 

others”. ― Steve Maraboli 



Let God validate you, not the media or someone's 

definition of your beauty or worth....Be #thankful. 


Big Hugs :)

Have a belle weekend.....


Source: googleimages


Thank you so much for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment