Monday 17 February 2014

START WITH YOURSELF

Hello Friends,

How was your weekend?
Mine was superb. Had an amazing time at a friend’s wedding, and enjoyed being with la family (Had so many ‘Oprah moments’). 
Also, its official...God is the greatest (I’m sure you already know)! Was doing a study on forgiveness over the weekend and I was like...Truly, the first to forgive is the greatest and time and time again, God forgives us...How great is that?
Any who’s, it takes a drop of grace to do that ooo....

Currently, reading some amazing books, one of which is Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield and Mark Hansen...Amazing Book!!!
Tot I’d share one of the stories in the book with you!
 
Image Source: Google Images
START WITH YOURSELF!
The following words were written on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in the Crypts of Westminister Abbey:
When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change my country.
But it, too, seemed immovable.
As I grew into my twilight years, in one last  desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.
And now, as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realise: If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.
From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, I may have even changed the world.
- Anonymous


 Thoughts: Change starts with you. The best teachers are those who teach by example...Your little beautiful action can inspire those around you and then the world.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” 
 Mahatma Gandhi
source: Youtube


Blessings!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment