Monday 6 August 2012

BROKEN RECORD


Shut up!!! The voices in my head say
I hear it loud and clear, every hour, every minute and every second.
You just can’t do it. Don’t bother trying
Leave it for those who can. You are just busy body.

Hush!!! The people around me say.
My family, friends and familiar strangers too
Why? Is it your business as well?
Talent? Leave it the agents to sort that out

You sound like a broken record
My sassy voice tells them
Yes. A broken record.
A twisted white tape that is tired of being played over and over again
A cracked CD plate that is scratched to the T
I’m not listening ‘cos I can’t hear you.
You are breaking up.
What did you say again?
The cackling sound of a cock sounds louder than you...
Yes. You sound like a broken record.
- By Ijeoma U.
Photo by Patrickjoust


How was your day?

Thanks a billion for visiting this page :) Hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment