Thursday 16 August 2012

Want to 'CTRL-Z' Your regrets?

Not too long ago, my mentor asked me to write down what I wanted in life. I listed out 5 things among which was 'living a life with no regrets'.  We discussed the points raised and something he said to me stuck. He said ' living a life with no regrets is IMPOSSIBLE'. 
Art gotten from Sherlins blog

We would make mistakes in life. That's how we learn. 
However, the length of time we take living in the past and mulling over our mistakes is a problem. Like Libba Bray Says 'We all do things we desperately wish we could undo. Those regrets just become part of who we are, along with everything else. To spend time trying to change that, well, it's like chasing chords'.
There are some things I wish I could 'Ctrl-Z' in my life. My choice of education, relationship, actions, work experience, etc. Unfortunately, we can't undo some of these. We just have to conserve our energy on better things: learn from our mistakes, smile and move on.
'Never look back unless you are planning to go that way'- Henry Thoreau.
 What are your regrets? Your choice of friends, an old ideology that has ruined your life, religion, a tattoo, fashion choices, etc.

Think hard about this statement: Some of our regrets are not as ugly as  they are. MOVE ON.
Live a life with
Art by Pat Cegan












Thanks a billion for reading :) Hugs!!!

Song of the day: No worries by Simon Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment