Monday 3 September 2012

IS THIS SAFE: ILASAMAJA BRIDGE (2)

Hi everyone,
Remember the post on 'is this safe? where we talked about the 'Death trap called a bridge' and I pleaded that we share the post till someone of importance sees it...Well, I'm super happy tonight at the state of the Ilasamaja Bridge right now. Cheers to us.

The bridge has been demolished. 
Yes. The bulldozers were called in today and its all sand, rods and bricks right now.
I passed by the bridge tonight and it's disappeared. Also, for some strange reason, talk of the bridge seems to be trending this past week. I'm really happy about that.
Thank you so much for sharing the post and for helping save a life. (Sorry, I don't have pictures of the state of the bridge right now. It was dark and I got scared of screams of 'Ole' 'Ole' 'Thief' 'Thief'... Will post pictures later)

I believe that whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well. Therefore, I crave the indulgence of the government to rebuild the bridge as soon as possible. I know they said it will be ready in 4 months time. I'm hoping 4 months won't become 1 year. 
I was privileged to be featured in the sun newspaper where I talked about the bridge and I suggested that the 'public enforcement agencies' should be available to assist people especially children and older women in crossing the road. To be fair, they do that during the day. But, at night?
I didn't see any 'law enforcement personnel' assisting road users tonight (Maybe it's one off) and watched in horror as a 'Danfo' bus almost knocked down a child. 
I know the government is trying their best but I also plead that all form of assistance be given pedestrians pending when the new bridge is rebuilt.

As for now, I'm glad the hanging coffin has been removed :D

How was your day? :)

Thank you so much for reading this blog. Thank you. Thank you. You rock!!! Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment