Friday 14 September 2012

MY ATTITUDE


Hi Everyone,
How are you doing?
Was on my way to work this morning when I saw 3 men walking towards me. They had walking sticks with them and were adorned with bright smiles. They were not raggedly dressed and seemed to be fine walking on their own even though they could not see.  Honestly, I was scared for them and was relieved when a lady (Apparently she knew them) came to hug them, interlocked her arms with them and they continued on their journey laughing together.
I don’t know what I would do if I had no eyes. Would I still smile? Would that be the end of my life? Or, would I choose to carry on living the best life I can?
I heard of a guy who went into drugs because his girlfriend left him (even though I think it’s deeper than that). He refused a job he got; he refused to date again and rejected his family love. I heard this story yesterday on the radio. I wish he tuned in to listen to his sister speak and sooth the pain in her voice. She had lost her brother to drugs.
I read somewhere that the only disability in life is a bad attitude. We are not immune to problems, they would creep into our lives one way or the other, but we have the choice of allowing it to affect us. We have the choice of smiling even though we are blind. We have the choice of letting go of a bad relationship. We have the choice of choosing sanity over drugs. We have the choice of being positive in a world of negativity.
The paralympians are still my hero. I still look up to the unsung heroes who strive to live despite a bad government. I choose to associate with happy people and I choose to be happy.

Looking back at yesterday, listening to a sister cry for her brother, I choose not to let problems ruin me. I detest a bad outlook in life. 
I’m grateful to God for the 3 minutes I had with the blind men. They taught me to smile in a black world. I choose to be positive. I choose to have a good attitude. Hope you do too?
It’s the weekend. Have a great day.

Thanks for reading. Hugsssssss :)

No comments:

Post a Comment