Ever had that moment when a song you are listening to feels like it’s speaking to you, like it was written for you at that moment or for your situation?
I just had that moment with this song by Jamie Grace (Holding on).
Actually, I've heard it before, even sang along to it but for the first time (last night), it felt like I really listened to it and can relate to it.
Here’s why I love it…
Hope. Faith. Belief. Strength. That’s the message of the song. Holding on to these attributes even when you are weak and can’t seem to find the strength to carrying on. I once heard somewhere that it’s important to always pray for renewed faith in God. Take a look at life; it’s like every day we have to jump over a gazillion gigantic hurdles and make a billion decisions (wondering which one will make you seem a little less selfish), and most times, we ask ‘Where are you, God?’.
Honestly, it takes His grace, His strength and lots of faith to hold on to Him no matter what.
That’s why I love this song. It’s about us asking God to give us the strength to fight for Him, even when it’s difficult to do that in today’s craziness and problems. It’s about us asking God to give us renewed faith and grace to hold on to him. It’s us saying, 'Dear God, no matter the situation or the outcome, you have my heart'.
Thank you Jamie Grace for this amazing song. Thank you Jehovah for all the talented artistes out there.
So what song has made you really ‘stop and listen to it’? Or better still; really ‘learn’ something from its lyrics?
What’s on your playlist right now?
Top on my playlist are:
1. Anything Christian (From Casting crowns to Jeremy Camp, Jamie Grace, Francesca Battistelli, and an inexhaustible list of Christian artistes)
2. Country songs (Big fan of Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum and Rascal Flatts and Jason Mraz)
3. Beyoncé and Alicia Keys and Janelle Monell and Ingrid Machaelson and Christina Perri (I think they are excellent song writers)
4. One republic
5. Mumford and Sons
8. TY Bello
9. ‘Zahara’ and ‘the soil’ and ‘Toya Delozy’ (Beginning to love me some African songs)
10. Close to 200 artistes that are amazingly talented…Don’t want to bore you but the list continuessssssssssssssss!!!!!
Song of the day- Hold Me by Jamie Grace (Sorry. Couldn't help but share this song as well.)
Have an awesome day J
Thanks a lot for reading…Love you.