Thursday 10 January 2013

For our loved ones...


Hello Dear,
How are you doing?
One of my favorite moments ever: Being with my family.
I wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world- my mom and my sisters and Dad {the amazing angel who loves us. RIP :)}...I love our little home and our crazy moments, both the amazing and the ‘not-so-good-BUT-u-r-still-my-heart’ moments....
Becoming nostalgic when I think of the packed bags in the cars and the hugs and ‘I love you’s’ and ‘safe trip’...Watched mom and sister travel this morning and even though I know they will be back soon, I miss them already...
Image Source: learningsuccess.com

Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy. Sai Baba

Sometimes I wonder about our family and those we really love. I know we love them. But, does our actions show them how much we do.....?

I have 2 stories that shows the importance of caring for those we love (Ok, not proud of this but they were #stolen from Face book walls and broadcast messages and all that J...But sharing is caring, so I had to re-post it on bloggie ....)

Please share them too J

I hope at the end of it we will make proper decisions on how to manage our time and loved ones. Enjoy
STORY 1


With a timid voice and idolizing eyes, the little boy greeted his father as he returned from work, "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"

 Greatly surprised, but giving his boy a glaring look, the father said,

"Look, son, not even your mother knows that. Don't bother me now, I'm tired."

 "But Daddy, just tell me please! How much do you make an hour, " the boy insisted.

 The father, finally giving up, replied: "one thousand naira."

 "Okay, Daddy? Could you loan me 500 naira?" the boy asked.

 Showing his restlessness and positively disturbed, the father yelled, "So that was the reason you asked how much I earn, right? Go to sleep and don't bother me anymore!"

 It was already dark and the father was meditating on what he said and was feeling guilty? Maybe he thought, his son wanted to buy something.

 Finally, trying to ease his mind, the father went to his son's room.

"Are you asleep, son?" asked the father.

 "No, Daddy. Why?" replied the boy, partially asleep.

 "Here's the money you asked for earlier," the father said.

 "Thanks, Daddy!" rejoiced the son, while putting his hand under his pillow and removing some money ( 20 naira,10 naira and some 5 and 50 naira notes). "Now I have enough!! Now I have twenty dollars!" the boy said to his father, who was gazing at his son, confused at what his son had just said.

"Daddy, could you sell me one hour of your time?"



STORY 2:LETTER FROM A MOTHER TO A DAUGHTER:

"My dear girl, the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through.

If when we talk, I repeat the same thing a thousand times, don’t interrupt to say: “You said the same thing a minute ago”... Just listen, please. Try to remember the times when you were little and I would read the same story night after night until you would fall asleep.

When I don’t want to take a bath, don’t be mad and don’t embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were just a girl?

When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new technology, give me the time to learn and don’t look at me that way... remember, honey, I patiently taught you how to do many things like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing your hair and dealing with life’s issues every day... the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through.

If I occasionally lose track of what we’re talking about, give me the time to remember, and if I can’t, don’t be nervous, impatient or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most important thing for me is to be with you.

And when my old, tired legs don’t let me move as quickly as before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine to you when you first walked.

When those days come, don’t feel sad... just be with me, and understand me while I get to the end of my life with love.

I’ll cherish and thank you for the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the huge love I’ve always had for you, I just want to say, I love you... my darling daughter."

The END....

  Appreciate your loved ones and don't take them for granted. Have a little 'amnesia' when it comes to them. Cherish them and look for more than one way to make them feel special. Love them the way our Heavenly Father, GOD, loves you.

Wishing you a happy Thursday and pure bliss in whatever you do :)


Thanks a billion for reading.....You rock......Hugs :)
Song of the day- Phillips Phillips, HOME




No comments:

Post a Comment