Tuesday 25 November 2014

HIM AND HER (2)


Hey Everyone,


I am so happy that the world is not silent on domestic violence, and a day is set aside to raise awareness on this.

Here’s why, I think:
·         Government figures show that an estimated 1.2 million women and 800,000 men are victims of domestic violence each year.
·         Worldwide, 40-70% of all female murder victims are killed by an intimate partner.
·         In no country in the world are women safe from this type of violence. 
·         Around the world at least one woman in every three has been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in her lifetime. Most often the abuser is a member of her own family.
 (Sources: UNIFEM, Amnesty USA, Stopvaw.org, findcounseling.com)
·         More than 40% of domestic violence victims are male.


Crazy right?



My friend Tolu (not her real name) recently RAN out of her matrimonial home ‘cos her husband beats her. A friends friend opened up about how her husband dragged her out of the bathroom once, hitting her all the way.



The men aren’t left out. My boss told us this story of a neighbour who gets some thrashing from his wife. I still cringe at the thought of men actually being beaten by their wives or girlfriend.

But it’s real..so real 


I wonder though about the effects on kids. You know, seeing mom and dad fight every time and hit each other.

I also wonder as a single woman, if there are tell tale signs that someone you really like would one day become a monster or would cause your death. Dear God, please help.


Back in Uni, a girl who was being violated by a boyfriend actually made excuses for him, ‘I made him angry, that’s why he did it’, 'He said it wont happen again', ‘He loves me’...and I wonder, ‘If he loved you, would he hit you?’

Oh well...



I am of the opinion too that, domestic violence goes beyond the physical, it can be emotional too, where you get insulted and messed up inside...

My advice, if you notice it...Run..Pray, tell God.....Run for your dear life.



Not worth it at all... Don’t die emotionally or 

otherwise. You have your best life yet...


Will like your feedback...


Thanks for reading!!!!


Hugs.


(Note: all images used above are from google image. Thanks to all the contributing sites)



Source- UN website

No comments:

Post a Comment