Sunday 8 April 2012

Selfless :))

Hi All,


Please, can you describe love in one word? Do I hear kindness? adoration? respect? 


For me, To love is to be selfless. It goes beyond being kind. And yes, it goes beyond respecting another individual.


It is doing something for someone without expecting a thank you in return. It is doing good for others and yet remain anonymous about it. It is spreading happiness around even when the people you are doing it for don't deserve it. Like Audrey Hepburn says 'selflessness is putting others first and yourself secondary'.


This morning, I read Matthew 22: 39 and it says that we should love our neighbours as we love ourselves. For me, it means that I should control what I say when talking to people so that I don't kill them emotionally. It means that as a husband or a wife or a sane person, you can't  batter yourself senseless, therefore, Why fight with your spouse or anyone?. Like my boyfriend says, it means, giving your last Kobo to less privileged people at your own cost. 


A classic example of being selfless is God's gift to us. Allowing his Son, Jesus, to die for us. Now, that's love (so overwhelming) and it should make us think of ways to display love not just to people we know but to strangers and those we 'hate'.

He still Loves me

Being selfless, is that a difficult thing to do?


Have a great holiday...


Mwahhh...


“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV (http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/selflessness)

No comments:

Post a Comment