Sunday 30 December 2012

FIRST LOVE

Hello Dear,
How are you?
Though I'm no Maya Angelou, I love poetry as well. I love to attempt writing one. And I decided to write this one (First Love) to honor the One who loved us first.

Ps: He’s also the owner of our unique amazing talents. 

Hope you feel the same way I do about Him J

Like they say in my language,  'Jehovah na eme m ihe dinma' (Jehovah is always doing something good for me)

FIRST LOVE by ijeoma U.
I met Him as a new born,
Seeing Him through tiny little eyes and happy mouths.
I felt Him against warm soft blue cloths and sock,
Holding me in arms, Oh so tender.
I smelt him in the rain,
Beneath thick little pink blanket.
I walked with Him on wobbly legs,
encouraging me to move on sturdy floor.
Even when life happened,
 and I drifted away from His ever longing friendship,
His still powerful voice whispered quietly,
‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’.
Promises, mere words, I say,
And He replies ‘Have I ever lied to you?’
I remember His will,
The sweet bondage that makes life’s beautiful again.
Every step I take,
Through the storm and rainbow,
Through miracles and disappointments,
As I glide through opened doors,
And scar my head against closed doors,
Through the light and darkness,
Every step I take,
Leads me back to the one,
I saw through tiny little eyes and happy mouths;
I felt through warm soft blue cloths and sock;
He held me in arms Oh so tender.
I smelt him in the murky rain,
Beneath thick little pink blanket.
He walked with me on wobbly legs,
Encouraging me to move on sturdy floor.
As my mind race through these moments of eons ago
To the point where life happened
It leads me to my one true friend whose voice loudly whispers ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’
These moments takes me back to my first true love, God.

 The End.

Take care of you. God loves you like crazy.
Thanks so much for reading…




No comments:

Post a Comment