Friday 14 November 2014

'HELEN KELLER MOMENT'

Hello :D


Quick question, ''If you could meet four people in history and ask them one question; who would you pick and what would you ask?''
..........................................................................

Was asked that a while back and I gave my response in a blog post (16 years old gem), and there, I mentioned that one of the people I would like to meet is Helen Keller.

Who is she? 


Source: Google Image




According to wikipedia 'Helen Adams Keller was 

an American author, political activist, and lecturer. 


She was the first deaf-blind  person to earn  

bachelor of arts degree'.





There's something magical about people who, 

despite their  disabilities, make something out of 

their life...



Honestly....I don't what I would do if I lost my gift 

of  sight and  sound, (or if I was born without 

certain physical abilities)....maybe I  would whine 

and  disturb  my dear mom and  friends.....or  

would  go the route of these great  men and 

women and write, sing  (like  Stevie Wonder or  

Cobhams Asuquo) and have a positive outlook  in 

life and inspire people? 


What will you do? 

I really admire Helen Keller and hope that her 

story spurs you  to keep believing and keep having 

faith and to be an inspiration.

Yup, she's much more than a symbol of courage....



If I were to meet Helen Keller, what will we talk 

about?


Her fears, her motivations and her faith....(those 

and more) :D




Some of my favourite Helen Keller quotes:

  1. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.Helen Keller
  2. Never Give Up,before Giving Your Best in All What You Face.- Helen Keller

  3. I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Helen Keller



  4. When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us.Helen Keller

  5. Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.Helen Keller

  6. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.Helen Keller

  7. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.Helen Keller

  8. When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.Helen Keller
  9. It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.Helen Keller
  10. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.Helen Keller

  11. Source- Google Images

  12. Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.Helen Keller
  13. No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.Helen Keller
  14. We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.Helen Keller

  15. Source: Google Images


  16. “We could never learn to be brave and patient 

    if there were only joy in the world” ― Helen Keller


  17. “While they were saying it couldn't be done, it was done.” 

  1. “Four things to learn in life: To think clearly 

without hurry or confusion; To love everybody 

sincerely; To act in everything with the highest 

motives; To trust God unhesitatingly.” ― Helen 



No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the 

stars or sailed an uncharted land, or opened a 

new doorway for the human spirit.” ― Helen 




Everything has its wonders, even darkness and 

silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, 

therein to be content” ― Helen Keller




A bend in the road is not the end of the road…

Unless you fail to make the turn.” 






“Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's 

failures, but of the success that may come 

tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, 

but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will 

find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no 

effort that we make to attain something beautiful 

is ever lost.” ― Helen Keller




Source- Youtube



Thanks a million for reading...


Stay Inspired :)

No comments:

Post a Comment